No ads. No spam. No hijacking of your privacy or content.
Your memories are yours, and remain yours in hiyalife.
Lots of us are losing faith in the big social sites as we realise that they give us very little control of our stuff, that our content is used without our permission, and that in their eyes we’re not the customer but the product.
There’s a key difference between hiyalife, and those sites - we value our users and focus not only on being trusted, but also on being worthy of that trust.
From the very beginning hiyalife’s key focus has been to allow our users to claim back control. That is why hiyalife has been designed from the core with two main values: ownership and choice.
Without your trust hiyalife couldn’t work as a place for meaningful memories - personal stories require an environment where you are in control of what others can see, and what they do with your stuff. Hiyalife aims to provide that trusted environment.
Our aim is to support every user in getting the best experience out of our service. We seek your feedback and thoughts, so please bring them on!
Information we may collect from you
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, subscribe, participate in any interactive features of our services, fill out a form, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, credit card information and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer you use to access our services, including the hardware model, and operating system, version, and location data.
For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Information Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
In order to provide you with access to the Service, or to provide you with better service in general, we may combine information obtained from other sources (for example, a third-party developer whose application you have authorized) and combine that with information we collect through our services.
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of the information
We do not use your information for serving up ads.
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, personalize and improve our services
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To provide the information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service
- Communicate with you about hiyalife news and information
- Create aggregate information reports that monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
Disclosure of your information
Remember, we don't share your information with advertisers.
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With any member of the hiyalife group, which means our subsidiaries, our branches and our ultimate holding company as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- With third party vendors and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf (e.g., our payment processors who handle the payment portion of your subscriptions).
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- In connection with any merger, sale of hiyalife assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, or anonymised information, which does not directly identify you.
Third party interactions
Our site may, from time to time, could also contain links to and from other websites of potential partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Hiyalife takes reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your personal profile. If you wish to delete or suspend your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, including cached or archived copies of your information, for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from hiyalife by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your information rights
Should you decide to suspend of delete your hiyalife account, we will offer to send to you the raw data you provided to us, within a reasonable period of time, but never longer than 6 weeks. Such requests should be directed to email@example.com
Please note the network related information linking your content and connections, which you may have built over time in hiyalife, remain a property of hiyalife and as such, you do not have rights or claims over its collection, storage, disclosure, ownership, marketing, security and/or use.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is HIYALIFE LIMITED. You can contact the Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org